Friday 9 June 2017

River Runs

It's been over a month since I last posted which is not great, I always have ideas and intentions for the blog but boy does life get in the way!
Tech and personal problems have been a major factor lately, one has prevented me posting while the other has prevented me fishing as much as I would like. When I have managed to get out, it has mainly been on the Glaslyn, I live close to the river now so it just offers convenience where I have a couple of hours free.


The above was a particularly Memorable fish from the Lower Glaslyn one evening after work. The fish kept following my lures but then being spooked, I had to leave the pool three times and return before finally hooking it. This fish was a proper fighter too, finally taking a Duo Spearhead Ryuki 40S and look at it, a proper battle scarred warrior! Some of its tail was missing and it really looked as though it had fought some hard battles before, possibly the best fighting fish I've had on the river.

Not too long after I caught that fish we had some seriously heavy rain and I struggled to find even half decent fish for a while after that. Every time I went I just found small fish attacking my lures and that gets old real quick.




It started to pick up for a time but, the proper Sea Trout seem quite thin on the ground, resident fish always seem quite obliging though.



The rains have been back with vengeance  lately though and the lower Glaslyn's appeal wearing off a little. I have therefore been having a bash in stretches I haven't fished before and although I have lost a fair few fish in the torrent, I've enjoyed it.
The river doesn't seem to have quite the head of Brownies compared to other rivers in Gwynedd, but enough to keep me reasonably happy, The following were caught whilst field testing some new products for HTO;




I'm going to do a bit more on the mid and upper stretches as I lost a couple of very nice fish up there, one pool in particular also just screams Salmon at me, tell me does this look sexy or what?!


Tight lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment