Tuesday 23 February 2021

Ned Rig Pike


Sunday 21st Feb 2021

I finally managed to get out on the river for a wee dangle. The river has been swollen and coloured for a good while now but with warmer, dryer spells, the levels have dropped and the river is fish-able once more.

There were actually a few on the bank utilising various methods which was pleasant to see.

I headed out in the morning with my bait caster set up for Pike but despite a few follows, I blanked.


I was a bit annoyed to be honest and decided on a change of approach for another outing in the evening. 

Opting for my HTO Rock Rover and Shimano Vanford, I decided to throw a few Cheb rigs in the hope of a Perch or two.

Really not my lucky day, I missed one take and after a quick change to a Ned rig caught one fish on a Korum Squirm, a bloody Pike!


Better than another blank though eh.


No comments:

Post a Comment