Friday 22 February 2013

The Three Amigos Meet, part two


On Monday 18th Feb, myself and Scott wanted to get down the Peninsula and lure fish for Pollock, Ross's advice was to the contrary, but we went ahead with the original plan. After arriving on the Llyn we soon discovered we should have listened to Ross, the conditions were tough and the preferred marks were inaccessible due to a four foot swell, I found myself wishing I had my wetsuit and bodyboard!


Despite the less than Ideal conditions I felt it was good for Scott to see the area, as the Llyn is such a beautiful place and I hope we can fish it together more in the summer. We did get a few fish, although they were not the quantities or size we might have hoped for.
We were all fishing quite heavy, using circa 45g drilled leads to get down and maintain bottom contact, the trace to the lure was around 60cm.

Scott was first to catch on a Lunker City Ribster.
My tiny effort fell to a Kiddy Brill Bait.
Ross on the right out fished us in his usual style.
That night Ross took us to a mark in the hope of Ray and though tough going due to having to switch to a second choice mark, Ross caught a Thornback of 5lb odd.


Scott caught a Doggie,



And I blanked! It was a chilled night though and I enjoyed the company and fishing none the less, I was also glad Ross got into a fish as he was he was not having the best of days until that point.

Being ever so slightly tired from the late night we all had a lie in on Tuesday and finished our trip with an afternoon of light game antics for mini species.
Here's a couple more pictures of fish I caught.




It was an enjoyable way to end the trip and the weather was really good to us.
Overall the fishing for the duration of the trip was tough, but having no massive expectations it didn't get me down in the slightest. Ross did a superb job of guiding us around Anglesey and I learned a fair bit in watching how he does certain things and in his explanations on tides and conditions.

The trip was not without the odd incident either, I managed to break the tip guide on my Beachcaster, Scott wrecked his Floatation suit trousers (clearly not designed for actually fishing in) and poor ol' Scott managed to lose his phone on the last session too, not good! Oh and Scott has really cheesy feet.
Despite those things, it was a good trip. We had some good fishing given the time of year, good banter and the company was also good, what more can you ask for?
Well I suppose more lure fishing opportunities, but March is just around the corner and that should see in the first run of School Bass.

I'll end the report with a curious picture of Scott, please add your captions in the comments box below.

Tight Lines!


No comments:

Post a Comment