Sunday 5 June 2016

Fits and Starts

Boy we are getting spoilt with this weather right?! I have a hundred and one things to do, yet with this beautiful sunshine, the lure of flinging metals into the deep reefs is just too much for me. 
I know I intended to do something different, but I just love fishing Uwchmynydd far too much so I ended up making that fairly long drive again!

Arriving on an ebbing tide is just perfect for Pollock fishing I therefore started fishing with 40g HTO Shore Jigs. Punching them out and letting them slide in the current to the deck before jigging them up through the water column and then letting them swing fall. nearly every fall I could feel small fish having a go but I'm still hunting that monster.
I don't mind massively about the smaller fish actually, its such a privilege to live and have access to such a majestic shore, sometimes fish are just a bonus.

Sure enough though the pollock were fairly small but very plentiful to start.




For the first couple of hours it was almost a fish a cast but as low tide approached things didn't half get slow and i admit to getting a bit bored at times. I tried a few other tactics like heavy dropshotting and Carolina rigs which rewarded me with a couple of nice Wrasse and two small Coalfish.




My first Wrasse was actually caught on a 40g HTO Artic Eel which got bitten in half just after.
Things weren't exactly firing though and I had to wait about an hour after low for things to pick up again on the jigs, but pick up they did!
It wasn't long before things dropped off again but during my window the fish were a better size and gave a fairly decent fight, my largest fish I grabbed a selfie with before release, still not my monster but a decent fish nonetheless.


Things did drop off again and I found myself in two minds as whether or not to stay, I decided to go however as there will always be another day.
It was a good session overall and just satiated my need for the throwing of heavy metal!

My next session will probably be a light game one, I should maybe get on the Bass but, they do kinda bore me a bit and I know some will think i'm crazy for saying that, but thats just how it is at the moment.

Until next time folks, tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment