Sunday 25 October 2015

A Day on Anglesey

My friend Jon contacted me earlier in the week asking if I'd like to go to Anglesey fishing and of course I said yes and that is where I have been today.
Starting out at 6:00am we arrive at Point Lynas for high water. Its not an area I know at all so I was just taking Jon's lead and indeed the area looked good, in fact we were into fish from the first cast.

Jon took first blood with a feisty small Pollock while I tackled up, but when I joined the fun I pulled out two fairly decent Pollock, both taken on the HTO Mace and Mace head combo.


That was a pretty good start to be honest and it was nice to catch them over pretty clean ground which enabled me to give them some line for a change.
We both caught a number of smaller Pollock too and John caught some Wrasse. It was a pleasant start and the Dolphins even made an appearance which was as magic as ever.

As the tide started dropping the fishy activity and certainly the stamp also dropped off, therefore we made a very short move to a rocky point along the way.
Jon was in first once more to either a Pollock or a Wrasse, I cannot remember which. At this point I was struggling a bit with not being able to get a hook up, when Jon's rod bent over proper and his drag started singing, I could tell he was into a good fish indeed! Sadly he was proved to be a bit under-gunned as the fish  severed his 0.3PE braid against the barnacle strewn ledge, Jon's face was not pretty as he realised he'd lost probably the best fish of the day.

I decide to change my lure to a 2" One Up Shad which is a renown fish catcher and indeed it worked for me just fine, here hare some pictures of the better fish;




I love Wrasse, there are full of character and these fought quite well indeed.
The Jighead incidentally is from Sunslicker AKA Nick Robson, they are pretty awesome dart heads with specially sourced hooks which are sharp and tough as tits!

After exhausting the potential of our wee ledge we went along to Cemaes for a much needed coffee and Bacon bap, awesome stuff!
We then fished Llanbedrig for the afternoon. that marked had huge potential but sadly didn't quite cut it today. We caught fish like, but the average size was well down on Point Lynas, my best fish there fell to a jika rigged HTO Leethal.


All in all it was a pretty good day and much needed after a crappy week at work. We plan to go up again soon and fish slightly different states of tide all being well, I am also hoping to encounter the odd different specie too, but we will see.

If you are on the World Sea Fishing forum, be sure to check out the LRF and Light Game section as Jon (AKA Penn2) is sure to write a wee report with photo's of his better fish.

Thats it from me for now though, thanks for reading and tight lines!


No comments:

Post a Comment